Thursday, May 6, 2010

How It All Started...

It all started when I came to India from Bahrain for good. I had resigned from work there because my parents wanted me to settle down like a good Indian girl as fast as possible. You know how parents can be -- they won't settle down unless they get it their way, so I had to give in! I was not allowed to go anywhere until I found a guy and I was in a helpless situation. I wanted to earn my own money, but how could I do that if I wasn't allowed to work outside their vicinity? Nearby places weren't an option either because they paid a pittance (and I am earning slightly more than that pittance offered here, so I am glad I took the right choice).

Frustration, helplessness and boredom led me to start Internet Marketing (which is also known as E-Marketing/Web Marketing/Affiliate Marketing around the Web). And I haven't been bored since!

I wasn't even aware what e-marketing was and I stumbled across pages to come across a site called Printfection which allows you to design shirts/tops and sell them. I knew I had no scope in this coz my designing skills suck to the core! I registered anyway to look around and jumped into their forums where people mentioned this so-called Internet Marketing. I did a lil research of my own (thank you Google!) and that was when I decided I wanted to give it a try. And why not? I had loads of time on my hands, didn't I?

The persistent hard work paid off a few months later when I made my first few sales! The elation it gave me cannot be translated into words. I guess you can feel this type of elation and happiness only if you start something on your own and see that 'Hey! Not bad! It's working!'.

I am starting this blog for my friends who have no clue and idea of what Internet Marketing is and to provide them a step-by-step guide on how to get things started. Hope I am able to help in some way. I am no expert, but I have learned so much the past few months that I felt I should offer some assistance to people who are interested in getting into web marketing but don't know how and are confused about the whole thing. Stay tuned!

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

8 comments: on "How It All Started..."

Vivek said...

Very Interesting!!! :)

The Bald Guy said...

Thanks for sharing this information with us. Much appreciate it. Look forward to more informative posts from you.

sagarika said...

Love it Dhanya.....I always wanted to know how people earn by working frm home. Would love to know more about ur E-Marketing exp...

Tell me you are selling sme clothes. I will b the first to buy from u :)(serious yaar).....

Sophia Ali said...

I have created my own store on the website...thankfully my experience will definitely come into use here...

Sophia Ali said...

Thanks Dhanya for sharing such a valuable information....

Shanu said...

Wow..its so sweet of u to do something like this :)

Thanks :)

Mads said...

Wow! Looking forward to reading more over here and learning new stuff :)
Good start che!!

Reflections said...

This is a great idea really.....even if u dont want to advertise anything here[which is a pity really] u can atleast lead people, who ask u personally thru email or whtever, to ur other site which cd prove beneficial to u & the other person.

And have to say....very, very enterprising of u...the whole e-marketing story:-).
Wishing U the very best life has to offer!!!

Post a Comment